The Path to Walmart is a course for Walmart suppliers who may already have a broker; who are already doing business with Walmart; or who may be suppliers who don’t have any help at all. The course contains 10 different modules each with 4-7 lessons each.
Each lesson includes video instruction; a downloadable audio file for those of you on the go; the transcript of the lesson; and worksheets and downloadable PDFs where appropriate.
The complete list of modules and lessons is below.
After completing this program you will be able to
- Determine whether your product makes sense to Walmart shoppers
- Identify key selling points
- Anticipate buyer expectations
- Prepare for your first buyer meeting in Bentonville, Arkansas
- Effectively pitch to a Walmart
- Follow up appropriately after your line review
- Secure a vendor number
- Create your own item numbers
- Apply best practices for getting your initial order delivered in full and on time
- Take action when your inventory does not sell and more
Everyone who enrolls will have access to the material for life. You can purchase each module separately; or you can purchase the entire course at once. The difference is that those who purchase the entire course will have access to special bonuses that are not available to those who purchase individual modules. These bonuses include a resource center, exclusive video calls with me and other guest speakers, exclusive invitations to attend VIP events with me here in Northwest Arkansas and more.
The first module will be completed in May of 2018 and we’ll be rolling out new modules each month. Since the course is online, you’ll be able to go at your own pace and learn on your own time from anywhere. If you download everything, you won’t even need the internet. How cool is that?
If you’re a supplier and already have a broker or are currently doing business with Walmart or are just getting started with your supplier application, then this course is for you.
COURSE MODULE LIST
Walmart 101 Basics
- Does My Product Make Sense?
- What Are My Key Selling Points?
- Am I Driving the Right Message to My Buyer?
- Walmart Buyer Expectations
- Preparing for the First “Drive-by”
- First Class Presentation
Preparing For Line Review
- Product Mock-Ups
- Long Form PowerPoints With Supporting Data
- The Meeting in Bentonville, AR
- What to Do Immediately Following the Meeting
- How To Know If Your Pitch Worked
- How To and How Not To Follow-up
- How To Re-pitch and When If Your Buyer Says No
- Bonus: Preparedness Checklist
How To Get a Vendor Number
- Getting a Vendor Number
- Data Sync
- Online Item File
- D&B Scores
How To Create Item Numbers
- How To Get Brand ID
- Factory Audit
- Factory ID
- Backing Up With Item Creation Forms
How To Forecast
- Pulling New Item Forecasts from Retail Link
- Changing Forecasts with Your Replenishment Manager
- Optimizing Your Forecast Ongoing for Optimal Sales
Getting Your Initial Order To Walmart On Time
- Direct Import Product
- Domestic Product
- Lead Times
- Lost Product
- On Time In Full (OTIF): The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
When Your Product Doesn’t Move
- Verifying On Hands In Store Via Retail Link
- Physical Item Checks On Shelf and Backroom
- Applying Rollbacks to Reduce Retails
- External Marketing to Drive Sales
- Telling Your Story With Data
- Adding IRI/Nielsen Data to Prove Product Efficacy
- Creating a Compelling Case for Your Buyer
- Review Sales Performance
- Asking for Expansion
- How To Get Buyer Commitment
Want to know when the newest course modules are available? Sign-up for my newsletter and you’ll have all you need to know about upcoming coursework, course contents, and critical supplier news from Walmart HQ . I promise I won’t overwhelm you. None of us have time for that.